Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25th

Had a call from UW on Wednesday and spoke with the nurse coordinator. She congratulated me on my weight loss and said I had done everything they had requested. She thinks the transplant team will meet next Wednesday, the 30th, and decide if I need the acid reflux surgery before or after transplant. If they determine it to be after, then I will hopefully be approved to be on the list!!! I am hoping to hear from her again next Thursday or Friday. We are proceeding with our plans for the temporary move to Bothell in the hopes that it will happen in a week or two. We are hard at work getting everything ready for that move.

We have enjoyed spending time with Cassie this week. She and Violet have spent many fun hours together and Grandpa has been teaching her firearms safety and let her shoot the 22 rifle in the backyard. We will meet Jim in The Dalles tomorrow around noon to send her back home. Plan to go to Mamacita’s tonight for dinner, one of her favorite places here. They have an awesome pepper steak with pasta that we usually get. Think I will treat myself tonight!!

3 comments:

Caryln said...

We're watching your blogs. Thanks for posting them. Congrats to both of you for your progress so far. We will be in KC about another 4 weeks.
Exact plans after that are uncertain, but we plan to head toward Cove/LaGrande sometime after that. Caryln & Dan

Sue said...

Yeah Betsy, thanks for keeping us posted. Ron & Sue

Betty said...

Hi. Happy to hear everything is progressing well. You are on my mind a lot. Love you! Betty