Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday, October 22

Well, it seems they never really took me off the list this last time.  The Doctors are still at odds about the infection, but at least I’m still on the list for now and they will have to make the evaluation if a lung becomes available.  Have an appointment with a urologist on the 7th and not sure what that is all about.  Time will tell.

Much slower week but that is about to change for the next two weeks.   Libby and Reno, then Nancy, then Sheri and Peggy, then Jim/Marci/Cassie and their friend Sara.  Maybe in the middle somewhere a lung will come along.

Violet spent Saturday morning at the beauty parlor (PetSmart) and got a bath and groom.  She looks good, but appears to be glad to be home with us. 

Had a nice visit with Dan and Carlyn who are making their way back to Kansas after spending several months with family on Vashon Island.  It as good to see them again and glad they are able to make use of our place in Cove on their journey.  They had a ‘problem’ with some debris on the road near Pendleton, so will spend a few extra days in Cove awaiting repairs. 

Bob bought a nice notebook size computer with lap desk so I can sit on the couch and write my life story, something I have been wanting to do for Cassie.  It is wonderful and good therapy for me.  Guess you could say this was a high priority item on my bucket list! 

To whoever left a polished stone with the word ‘courage’ on it on the front seat of our truck before we left home in April, thank you so much!  I keep it with me always and would love to know who was so thoughtful.  It means a lot to me….

My sister broke her ankle in 3 places while visiting her daughter in Tacoma and had to go home to have surgery.  She now has screws in her ankle and we hope for a quick recovery!  Bob hopes her screws aren’t very loose.. 

2 comments:

Syd said...

Continued Prayers.

Syd & Sherry

Unknown said...

We have been thinking positive thought for you. Sorry it has taken me so long to get to you blog.

Doug and Carol