Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday, October 13

On again, off again, on again, ‘off again’….  Saw Dr. Raghu today and he said I cannot have a lung transplant until this infection (bacteria) is completely gone so it appears I am off again for now.  Met with an infectious disease doctor who requested another urine test and is scheduling an ultra sound, possibly tomorrow.  They want to rule out any kidney stones and such even though I don’t have symptoms.  Once that is done they will determine the next course of treatment, possibly IV antibiotics for a couple of weeks.  Had a PFT (pulmonary function test) and it was the hardest one yet.  Thought I was going to pass out right there but managed to get through it.  Function has gone down since the last test which was only a month ago and I’m not surprised.  It is getting harder and harder to take a shower and dress in the morning.  I put it off as long as I can!!!!  Unfortunately, (or maybe it’s a good thing) most days we have somewhere to be and I have to get moving earlier than I would like! 

We really enjoyed our visit with Mary Jo & Jerry.      Visited, ate good food and played some cards!  Even made a shopping trip to Joann’s for more yarn and that was fun.  Had lunch with John Reed (a friend of Mary Jo & Jerry’s who we met on our trip north) who had a kidney transplant about a month ago and it was good to see him also.  He is here from Alaska and hoping to go home soon.

We will post another blog as soon as we hear what the next step will be.  Dr. Raghu is doing everything possible to make things happen so I can get back on the list.  He had the infectious disease doctors come to his clinic to see me and they are all working towards one goal: getting me ready for a transplant.  I think Dr. Raghu is getting a bit concerned that I am declining at a faster pace and he wants to make sure I get a chance for a transplant.  More to come……

Bob’s watering / flower job is quickly coming to an end.  Weather / season changes are doing in the flowers.  They are sort of dying on the vine?  No more breakfast or potlucks to keep him busy   Gotta figure something else for him to do..  J  

Thanks again to all of you.  Your support means a lot.  

2 comments:

mln said...

Ack. How frustrating. I'm glad Ragu is on it, but still. Love you both! Hang in there!

Ralph & Suzi said...

Aloha to both of you
We thank you so very much for keeping all of us that care for you posted via this blog. Although we are separated by physical distance, you are always on our minds and in our hearts.
With much Love and Aloha, Ralph & Suzi