Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dec 3

Good morning….  Bacon is on the Traeger smoking..   Started just before 6 this morning.  About 10ish, the flank steak will go on for dinner tonight.  It’s a slow cook BBQ day. 

Hard to believe that December is here and Christmas is just around the corner.  We have been in Bothell just shy of 8 months.  Still no lung yet, but UW is progressing at an average of one a week.  Finding donors that have undamaged lungs is the biggest issue.  For Bets, it is finding a shorter donor.  Just have to wait. 

Violet spent a morning in the beauty parlor for a bath and brushing.  On the 18th of Dec, she has another appointment for grooming, then she gets in line to see Santa Claws and have some pictures.  We will post one of those eventually. 

Betsy here…  Managed to make it to therapy 3 days this week and felt good about that!  One of the women that I met at therapy got a ‘new’ lung last Sunday and is doing well.  Have to confess I went through many emotions when I heard she had her transplant.  She had only been on the list 7 weeks and using half the oxygen I do.  I am very happy for her but was feeling a bit sorry for myself for a day or two…  Managed to work through it though and back to my positive attitude once again.  What a roller coaster ride this has been!!! 

Invited to Dan and Terri’s for dinner on Sunday and we are looking forward to that.  Libby might visit next week and Mike and Susie (long time friends from Salem) are planning a visit on Thursday. 

Have a great week everyone!!!   

2 comments:

saundcar said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are "hanging in there." Maybe when somebody else gets a lung, it means you are one step closer to yours. Glad you are able to make it to therapy and your support group.
We are knee deep in holidays and birthdays, but NOT in snow. Yet. Our RV park is pretty empty right now. Thank goodness we have friends and family around here.

Thinking of you all the time.

Dan & Caryln

Anonymous said...

Christmas greetings from the East Coast! It sounds like I need to come and sample Bob's cooking, Betsy! Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you got my birthday greeting from Bob-and the card I sent came back.
Hang in there-you have endured so much, and I am awe of your strength!
Has violet grown a lot since July? Can't wait to see pictures of her and dolled up.

Much love,
Rochelle