Saturday, January 7, 2012

January 7, 2012

This is the year some folks say the world is coming to an end… I just want a new lung. 

Had a bit of a meltdown again in the last day or two but have convinced myself to concentrate on the things I can do and not on the things I can’t…  It is easy to feel sorry for myself and wish things were as they used to be but that is not the reality.  Better to face it and be happy with what I have including wonderful family and friends for love and support, a nice dog to snuggle with and a spouse who loves me and sees to my needs!  Thankful I am not in pain and can still do my hobbies which keep me busy most of the time. 

We are into the 10th month living here at the RV park and it is amazing how fast the time has gone.  At the same time, it seems forever since we were living at home and we do miss it.  We appreciate our neighbors who are keeping an eye on the place and taking care of our mail.  Don’t know what we would do without them!

Thanks for all the phone calls, cards, e-mails, texts, etc.  It helps keep us ‘in the loop’ with life outside ourselves. 

3 comments:

Caryln & Dan said...

Hi, Betsey & Bob,

Here's to a healthy and happy new year. We think about you every day and are hoping for a lung for you SOON.
We are leaving KC tomorrow morning. We thought we were leaving today, until Dan found a screw in a trailer tire and then no trailer brakes. The brakes were fixed with cleaning the contacts in the pigtail. After driving to a tire store, Dan removed the screw and there seems to be no leak. We will check it again in the morning before we leave our familiar surroundings.

We are heading first to Mississippi to see a friend of Dan's and then we will head southeast because we have not seen much of that area.

Dan says maybe Bob should get a chihuahua: the collisions aren't so damaging. Hope you feel better.

Love to you both,

Dan & Caryln

Teri B said...

Just thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

I can't imagine what you are going through.

I think of you both fondly and hope to visit with you sometime.

Keep those positive thoughts going. I just watched a video on how important positive thinking is.

mln said...

10 months! Crazy. We're hoping every day that you'll get that call and the waiting will end. Love you!!