Saturday, March 24, 2012

March 24

Well, I have been ‘listed’ 11 months as of yesterday.  We have been living in the RV in Bothell just shy of one year and still the weeks go by with amazing speed. 

The biggest concern now is the progression of the disease and I just hope each week that I’m not worse than I was the week before.  Of course it varies day to day so it is difficult to tell sometimes.  I want to think I am still able to take care of my personal needs but sometimes even with that I need help.  I ask Bob to get out my clothes, sometimes help dry me off, hang up the towels, put clothes in the laundry, help with shoes and socks, etc.  Last Sunday on a ‘struggle scale’ of 1 to 10, taking a shower was a 10, probably the worst it has ever been.  Monday was a 9 and Wednesday was a 6 so it did improve.  Tuesday I didn’t even try!!!  Didn’t go to therapy on Monday but was able to go on Wednesday even though I didn’t do as much as I would have liked.  Feel it is an accomplishment if I am able to get there and do something!  Trying not to be hard on myself when I can’t do as much as I used to. 

Jim is bringing Cassie up on Saturday to spend a week here with us (her spring break).  We are looking forward to spending time with her.  Marci is in San Francisco at a conference and she will be back on Sunday.

Libby arrived on Friday eve, bringing some requested items from home.  She is visiting a friend who is having a bone marrow transplant at UWMC, so two birds with one stone so to speak!!!  She is probably tired of having ‘sick’ friends!!  I hope to live long enough to repay her for all she has done….  We have Belle for the weekend. 

Kathy and Mike were here on Monday for Mike’s doctor appointments.  They brought their nice golden lab, Joy, with them to meet Violet.  I’m sorry to say Violet was a bit of a bully and we will have to work on that!  It was good to see them and Mike is doing well.

The shrubs and flowers are starting to bloom here and we have had some nice sunny days if a bit on the cool side. 

Bob learned today that there is a new ‘lung transplant’ hopeful moving into the park.  Don’t know much about him yet but I’m sure he will get the scoop soon and of course we will pass that along!!! 

1 comment:

Irene Gilbert said...

Bob and Betsy:
I am on the campaign trail and it is taking away my life! I am told someone needs to do it, and I have to say that it has gotten Mr, Davidson out into the community. I had planned on getting ahold of you to see if you would write a letter to the editor saying what a great commissioner I would be. That would be great, but I now have another reason too.
TRAVEL MANAGEMENT PLANS: There is an obscure piece of legislation RS 2477 which was repealed in 1976, BUT, there is a grandfather clause. It says basically that the federal government does not have the right to deny right-of-way on any road or trail that existed as of the time this was repealed. This should put a huge hole in all the travel management plans as they are starting with allowing nothing and adding to it whatever they want. I am hoping you will spend some time researching this as I am, send in a contested case request on any limitation on public access that doesn't determine which roads have existed since 1976 and give them a piece of your mind as I will. This appears to me to be a good legal issue to go after and I would like to see several of us ask for a contested case on this issue. It appears to be one that BLM does not want to talk about, as they have been directed since 2009 not to process or review any claims under R.S. 2477 pending further review and direction from the Secretary of the Interior. Let's not let them put this issue on the back burner. I want to see it front and center stage.
Sending you days that are on the good side of your scale and think of both of you often. Irene