Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 9

This week has been somewhat emotional for me.  Actually it started last week and I’m not sure what brought it on but I was struggling to do the smallest things and wondering if it is worth the fight or all for nothing.  We were planning to have lunch with Dan and Terri on Sunday but didn’t have the energy to get off the couch.  Did manage to drag myself to Blooming Nails to get a much needed pedicure although I missed therapy that same day.  Just couldn’t do both.  If I can just keep up with my personal care then I feel like I have accomplished something.

Libby and Richard came to visit on Monday and it did help my mood quite a bit.  We ordered food in and played a few games of Pegs & Jokers. 

Tuesday was a trip to UW for tests and Dr. Raghu visit.  The breathing test has become a nightmare for me and I had myself so worked up about it that I started crying during the testing.  Will try to stay calm next time and maybe my emotions won’t be so near the surface then.  Anyway, visit with Dr. Raghu was good.  He said he isn’t giving up on me and told me to keep fighting and just do whatever I can.  The new medication can take several months to have an affect so maybe there is still hope that it will help. 

Concentrator died….  Lincare replaced it in about an hour.  Good stuff.  New one is much quieter and seems to be putting out a more consistent flow.

Drug myself to the dentist this week too.  It is just up the hill from the RV park and they were really nice.  No cavities and a good cleaning.  Glad to get that done for awhile. 

We did get a prescription for a wheelchair and Bob is going to check into it.  My case manager with Tricare suggested it and said it is covered so we might as well see what is available.  There are times when it would be nice to have our own.  

Thursday was nice, so Bob did some spring cleaning / sorting.  We plan to get even with Jim/Marci and send some stuff to their garage for storage.  It is amazing how much ‘stuff’ we have gathered.  We ran out of places to put it.  Sent 3 boxes of ‘stuff’ with Lib/Richard.  

No comments: