Friday, March 30, 2012

March 30

Cassie arrived last Saturday and we have enjoyed a very relaxing, fun week with her.  She and Grandpa have had a marathon poker game going since the first day!  It is amazing at 13 that she is quiet, agreeable, helpful, fun and just a joy to be around!!! 
I did a terrible thing to our Violet and feel really bad about it.  Last Saturday I tried to cut a clump of matted hair from her ear and accidentally nicked her with the scissors.  She yelped but we didn’t think too much about it after that.  Well, when we took her to be groomed on Tuesday they mentioned that she had a bad looking cut on her ear and that we might want to have it checked.  On Wednesday Bob and Cassie took her to the vet and they had to put her under, clean the area and put stitches in!!!   Now she is on antibiotics, had to wear one of those cone things on her head at first so she wouldn’t scratch and has been given occasional pain pills.  Can’t believe I did such a thing and I will never go near her again with anything sharp.  I do such stupid things since I have been sick….

Libby dropped off Bell on Friday and went to visit a friend who is having a bone marrow transplant.  She came back on Sunday and Bob cooked a pork tenderloin on the Traeger since it was nice weather.  Libby fixed garlic mashed potatoes and her home canned green beans.  It was all delicious!  Monday she spent several hours cleaning our RV, mainly the kitchen area.  It was so nice and we both appreciated it very much.  She brought some meat ‘gumbo’ that Richard had made and we had that on Monday.  It too was delicious.

Sunday night just as we were preparing for bed I had a panic attack for the first time.  I was moving my legs on the couch trying to adjust the blanket and trying to get Violet to move and guess I did too much too quickly because I got really out of breath.  Sat up and felt like I couldn’t catch my breath.  The more I struggled to breathe, the more I panicked, and the more I panicked the harder it was to breathe.  It was awful!!!  Hope to never have that happen again….

Tuesday Bill and Mary came to visit and they brought some casseroles and home made cookies!  We had one casserole Tuesday night and the others are in the freezer for another day.  It was so nice and we enjoyed visiting with them and hearing about their trip south.  What great friends we have!!!! Cassie and Bob fought over the cookies..  Both won. 

No comments: